Wednesday 31 May 2017

Burn for me and White Hot by Ilona Andrews.

I'm going to review these to books in one post, since I feel like ranting them and I cannot coherently separate my rantings from the books to two different posts.

I first found Ilona Andrews work over a year ago. I was living in this little northern town for a month, because my work, and I didn't know anyone from there. So I spent my days in my little studio apartment with my dog, depressing the hell out of my mind. I tried to find books similar to Fever series and in one Goodreads post, someone recommended Kate Daniels. I loved it. I read all the books. Then I started to look other books written by the duo. And I found Burn for me.

As first-in-the-series go, Burn for me is hands down one of the best books. It is even better than Magic Bites. The characters are relatable, banter is awesome, Mad Rogan is just... just... wow. Nevada is badass but still human enough, she's not too powerful and good at everything, and thus she is very human and likable. Action scenes are fast paced and very good. And the glimpses we see from Connor... I was screaming when I found out I have to wait for May 2017 to get more!

What I really love about Ilona Andrews work is that it is in perfect balance of action and romance.

Yesterday, when I got my preordered audiobook of White Hot, I started listening, What. A. Ride. Banter, awesome. Action, gripping, Smut, oh my god. Tactile. One word, TACTILE. Two hands. Abs. Whole nine yards. Toe-curling, panties-ruining good smut. Steamy. So steamy. My sauna has nothing on it. Gimme my own Mad Rogan. This series really ruins my life, how can I settle for a normal man when I keep reading about Connor Rogan?



I finished the book in one listening, getting my finisher badge. Audiobooks are flexible like that, you can walk your dog, drive your car, shop all the while listening to the best book ever.

Nevada's and Connors relationship is sometimes very frustrating since Nevada does not trust Rogan at all but they don't drag the hate-inducing misunderstanding too far, which is good. Rogan is as overbearing as ever, and I just love him.

I have read Burn for me like 4-5 times and White hot probably gets the same treatment. Luckily I don't have to wait for a year for Wildfire, only two months.

If you haven't read this series, READ THEM NOW, your life will not be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment